Teaching and Learning Essentials September 2019
- Planning is sequenced and informed by previous learning, covering the whole curriculum.
- Learning objectives are recorded for each piece of learning and clear success criteria identified.
- All adults monitor pupil outcomes and provide feedback during lessons. Teaching is responsive, and lessons include in the moment marking, verbal feedback, pupil editing, pupil corrections and challenge.
- Marking and feedback identifies next steps and opportunities for pupils to respond are given.
- Pupils respond to marking and feedback using purple pen.
- Pace of the lesson shows learning takes place from the start of the lesson.
- Working walls for English and Maths are established with current learning and are used within lessons by adults and pupils.
- High expectations for quality, quantity and presentation are consistent across all lessons, including handwriting.