This working party is made up of the following governors:
This groups will focus on monitoring the SMSC*, Behaviour and Safety of children in the schools.
- The Safeguarding Governor is responsible for monitoring Safeguarding practice and training, ensuring relevant policies are up to date and implemented.
- The Attendance Governor who will monitor attendance and work with the Head Teacher to promote good attendance and deal with persistent absentees.
- The actions the school take to reduce bullying will be explored with this group and together the ethos of the school will be promoted within and outside the school.
- Learning Walks will focus on Behaviour around the school and how this can be celebrated.
- They will work with the parents to ensure good behaviour is celebrated and publicity is sought.
- Contribution to School self-evaluation process.
- The faith life of the school
- Our links with the community
- Our links with those from other faiths & cultures
- The promotion of equality & narrowing the gaps
- Promotion of health living:
- Healthy Eating
- Physical Education
- Sex Education
- Charitable giving
- Links with local churches
- Gaining publicity for the school
- School Council overview / observations
- Link with PTFA/Parent/Friends groups
- Contribution to School Self-evaluation process.
- Implementing learning walks focusing on these aspects
*SMSC = Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural